To ensure a competitive edge in the telecom industry that performs highly on service excellence; operators are shifting to a new battlefield- ensuring customer experience management (CEM) through omni channels. This indicates that operators are employing various strategies and tools in place to create exceptional branded moments at every touch point. So as their customer care evolves to newer digital channels like web chat, SMS, social media, video, etc., the operators need to offer a seamless experience across all of these channels.
Customer Experience in an Omni channel Environment
CEM in an omni channel environment is all about providing the right media at the right time. In addition, it entails putting together all relevant information and context to deliver a unique, personalized and enduring experience across the customer’s entire journey with the brand. The customer experience management in such omni channel environment serves the following purposes:
- Makes the customer experience unique, personal and enduring.
- Reduces customer effort
- Improves customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Increases customer lifetime value (CLTV)
How CEM is ensured in an Omni-channel Environment
A competent integrated system of tools and processes makes it possible to deploy customer experience management in an omni channel environment. Some of those tools are: big data analytics and enhanced business consulting to bridge gaps within product or service lines with in-depth experience and collaboration of leading research firms. Partnering with such competencies help in a multi-vendor environment and identifying product strategies and roadmaps mapped to a business’s requirements.
Recently, advances in big data analytics are allowing network operators to focus more effectively on CEM. Under the concept of complete customer value management operators have now embarked on CEM initiatives that aim their business operations from being network-centric and reactive to more customer-centric and proactive. Such tools significantly contribute to key business objectives such as average revenue per user (ARPU) and enhancing customer experience only when a proper integration is done between data storage and supporting processes across the channels.
Many sources of data are available from passive probing systems, network elements, gateways, subscriber registries and endpoint devices. The challenge is to take all of this data and put it into the context of the user, which could be a customer care agent, network engineer, or product marketing manager.
The ideal customer experience management must be able to:
- Match customer insights with real-time data collection
- Measure end-to-end customer experience
- Overcome stagnant revenues
- Break away from low differentiation of service quality in minds of consumers
- Enable operators to trim overheads while efficiently planning and managing messaging infrastructure
- Capture information in the context of customer interactions and specific to their experience
- Report customer experience information at its most granular level.
- Capture KPIs/KQIs and perform trend analysis to proactively detect any incident or quality degradation
- Correlate information from multiple service events/KPIs as well as from users.
Advantages of CEM in an Omni Channel Environment:
- Offers a personalized customer experience: This drives a higher ARPU, reduces churn rates and saves costs.
- Provide a single-view: The integration of such a kind offers a single view of the customers across all channels and allow the operators to target them better. This also enables to engage with corporate customers from a single system.
- Deepen customer relationships: CEM in omni channel environment provides a more targeted and relevant engagement to the customers. The operators are also able to find the untapped business opportunities that may drive profitability and overall improve customer relationships to combat churn.
- Reduce business cost: The integration creates such products and services range that is able to reduce the cost of maintaining the rich content while increasing ARPU and conversion rate.
For telecom operators, the most effective way to retain customers is by building a market-leading customer experience across channels. Hence, it makes sense for operators to deploy customer experience management in an omni channel approach to ensure that they interact with their customers across all of the devices and make each experience seamless and consistent, driving personalized customer engagement for sustained growth to the business.